Wacom STU-540/541 Overview
As our most advanced and robust premium signature pads, the Wacom STU-540/541 feature a 5″ high-resolution color screen with hardened cover glass for superb durability.
They also feature a broad range of connectivity options including multiple choices for virtualized desktop environments, as well as sophisticated encryption and user convenience.
As a result, these signature pads have the flexibility to meet the growing demands of any organization implementing handwritten electronic signatures.
Device reliability and handwriting clarity are essential whenever electronic signatures are required. Wacom Signature Pads deliver both because the pen sensor technology is embedded under the display, not on the signing surface. That means Wacom signature pads don’t suffer from screen wear or scratches and ensure a comfortable user experience with an ergonomic design.
Wacom electronic pens are also maintenance-free. No batteries are needed to power the pen and no wires are required to transmit signals, eliminating two common points of failure. Finally, Wacom signature pads capture a wealth of biometric data that enables accurate electronic signature verification – an important part of a multi-factor authentication policy whenever important documents need to be signed and validated.
Key Features & Benefits
• Low maintenance costs thanks to high durability and the patented cordless, battery-free digital pen
• Biometrically accurate signatures using the digital pen with 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity
• High durability and a natural, paper-like feel enabled by the hardened glass with anti-glare screen treatment
• Secure transactions enabled by state-of-the-art AES256 / RSA2048 encryption
• Support for virtualized environments through the Virtual COM Port (VCP) for compatibility with Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp v6.5 and later
• Customizable keypad and PIN pad enabling input using graphic images or numerals
• Attractive signature rendering through the use of WILL™ (Wacom Ink Layer Language) technology that renders the best and most authentic-looking representation of handwritten electronic signatures
• Enhanced signature traceability through a UID (Unique hardware ID) for identifying the exact signature pad unit used for a particular signature and other inputs
• Straightforward integration of signature pad support into applications through the WILL™ SDK (Software Development Kit) for Signature
• Ability to display promotional material through an upgraded USB protocol and internal image storage that enables ads to be shown at natural speeds with no delays
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 6.4 x 6.2 x 0.4inches / 163 x 157 x 10 mm
- Weight (including stand) 0.6 lbs / 275 g
- Main body color Black
- Power supply USB bus powered
- Power consumption 2.5 W maximum
- Communication interface USB/VCP/RS-232
- Display Type TFT
- Cover plate surface AG etched glass
- Native resolution 800 x 480 pixels
Pad and Pen
- Reading Technology Electromagenetic Resonance (EMR)
- Active area size 4.3 x 2.6 inches / 108 x 65 mm
- Coordinate resolution 2540 lpi / 0.01 mm/pt (non-interpolated)
- Coordinate accuracy ±0.02 inches / ±0.5 mm (center)
- Report rate 200 points per second (non-interpolated)
- Pressure levels 1024 (non-interpolated)
- Encryption AES256 / RSA2048
- Pen storage Pen compartment
- Connectivity security USB cable locking system
- Data security Real time image capture without data storage.
- Internal memory for images only.
- Security lock slot Yes, Kensington
- Operating temperature, relative humidity +41° F to +104° F (+5° C to +40° C), (humidity 30 % to 80 % RH, no condensing)
- Storage temperature, relative humidity -4° F to +140° F (-20° C to +60° C), (humidity 30% to 90% RH, no condensing)
- Signature software compatability Compatible with Windows signature / eSign software and Wacom´s sign pro PDF and sign pro
- PDF Plug-in for Adobe Acrobat. For Windows, C++, .Net and Java development libraries available for developers (contact us for library and software availability in other development languages and platforms)
- Package content Signature pad, cordless and battery-free pen, USB cable (9.84 ft / 3 m), quick start guide, pen tether (nylon fiber, 19.7 inch / 50 cm)