Please be aware that a new version Auodesk Arnold 2023 is available here
Autodesk Arnold Overview:
Render high-quality 3D images faster with Arnold – so you can focus on the art
Arnold is an advanced Monte Carlo ray tracing renderer, built to stand up to the demands of VFX and animation production. It offers a powerful, yet easy-to-use rendering experience that delivers beautiful and predictable results, and lets you focus on being creative, rather than spending hours going through settings.
- Interactivity produces immediate results, leaving more time for iterations.
- The controls and UI are simple and intuitive.
Maximize performance on your most complex projects with Arnold
- Switch seamlessly between CPU and GPU rendering to suit your production needs.
- Arnold thrives on heavy datasets and complex scene files.
- Production-ready tools reliably manage complex characters, scenery, and lighting challenges.
- Compute performance is optimized when creating elements such as hair, fur, skin.
Customize your pipeline with flexible tools and integrations
- Easily integrate with all of the top 3D digital content creation (DCC) tools.
- Get the scalability of an open and extensible architecture.
- Build custom shaders.
- Arnold works well on most 64-bit systems.
- Minimum OS requirements: OSX 10.11 or later Windows 7 or later, with the Visual Studio 2015 redistributable Linux with at least glibc 2.12 and libstdc++ 3.4.13 (gcc 4.4.7).
- This is equivalent to RHEL/CentOS 6 CPUs need to support the SSE4.1 instruction set Optix™ denoiser requires an NVidia GPU with CUDA™ Compute Capability 5.0 and above Arnold GPU works on Linux and Windows and requires an NVIDIA GPU of the Turing, Volta, Pascal, or Maxwell architecture.